"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Moving day...

Today is moving day. Moving day #1, that is... and despite waking up very early (7:30am) and getting started almost immediately, I am only now finishing up. The clock says 5:24 pm. That means it took me a little less than 10 hours to pack up the life I had made for myself here in a year and a half. Would you say that is a lot, or a little?

As I'm sitting here now waiting for the owners to show up to look at the apartment and return my deposit, it feels so normal to me to be moving. Maybe the fact that I still have 2 weeks left here makes it that I don't feel sad, I mean I'm not leaving yet, I'm just moving house. And I'm ready to leave the apartment. For the past couple of months it has been nothing but noisy neighbors and now looking out of my door I have a view of a lovely cellphone tower that if I stretched my arm just a little farther than normal could quite literally touch. Ok, that's a slight exaggeration, but it is literally in my backyard.

But like I say, this is only move number 1. In 14 days I get to make move #2... and I'm not so sure its going to go as well as this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment