"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's now a reality...

So I came down here on a whim basically. Although I had taken an exam in the US,and did relatively well on it, I still had to take the entrance exam into the specific Master's in Translation program when I arrived here which I did on Monday. I had planned on being down here for two years but if I didn't do well on the exam all that would change and I'd be heading back to the United States. Fortunately though, and yes I did doubt it for a few hours, I received excellent news that I passed the exam and have been admitted into the program! So no "welcome back" party for me anytime soon!

I went to the university yesterday to register as a student. I was hoping on it being simple and being finished in a few minutes but for some reason the school requires a photo of me in order to register...like passport style...and we all know how bad those always come out! So I took a little walk around Heredia, something I haven't done since the day before I left back in December of 2007. Everything is the same. Its so nice coming back to a place that is just how it was before and hasn't been modernized by hundreds of McDonalds' and Burger Kings...although a Starbucks would be nice! I walked through central park, scattered with young children feeding the pidgeons and I remembered how I felt the last time I was there, nostalgic. There seriously is something about Costa Rica that grabbed my heart and never let go!

Anyway, so now that I'm in the program I just have to sign up for my classes, and then those start either the 2nd of the 9th of February. I'm excited to be studying again. In the months since I graduated I definitely missed school, and even essays. Working was a change I wasn't ready for and I'm super excited to be able to study again. Now we just have to hope that I understand everything that is going on when I get in the classroom!

Here's to my new reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment